jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: version control basics
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:07:03 GMT
Hello, jumping in because I'm interested on this one too.

IMVHO, the locking API is the way to go, to complete disallow
modification of the node "from the outside".

At least that's the way WebDAV editors try to work with the content
store, by issuing a DAV LOCK request in the hopes that the content
store will lock the file.

As for checkin/checkout and crazy users (those that issue a Save
command on their DAV-enabled editor every other minute)... there's not
much you can do I guess?

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer