jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:57:37 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:
> I think, the use-case is the same, that we have::
>
> Multi cluster environment - only one single Lucene index within the database for all
nodes would
>        -> takes less disk space (if you have more than one node)

exactly!

>        -> make backups easier (you only have to backup the database, not the db
and some folders on three nodes)

exactly!

Newer Lucene version have snapshot policy which we could definitely
use! First need upgrading and better replace the multi lucene index
setup

>        -> makes it easier to add nodes (you don't have to wait, until the index
is built up)

exactly!

>        -> make the index more stable (because the database is transactional)

Lucene indexes are by itself very stable, but for the record I'll just
say: Exactly :-))

Note that I have all these ideas already for a long time, but I am too
occupied to work on it. I still keep hoping I do have time for it
somewhere next year.

Regards ard