jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@netenviron.com>
Subject Re: 'reverse path prefix' xpath query
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:52:56 GMT
On 23 November 2010 23:47, Nicolas Betheuil
<Nicolas.Betheuil@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understand well the question, you have some posts under
> /blog/wildlife/
>
> For all nodes added or modified under this node you have an event that is published
> You have on other hand an EventListener.
>
> So you receive an Event from this eventListener on which you can call event.getPath()
> This call will give you /blog/wildlife/2010/11/17/wolfs
>
> On other hand you have a list of subscribers for example like that
> /subscribers/tom/@prefix=/blog/wildlife
>        +---/tim/@prefix=/blog/otherOne
>        +---/titi/@prefix=/blog/wildlife/2010

Yes that's all correct.

> By the event path, you can have all of those paths by the JCR API or by an regexp
> /blog/wildlife/2010/11/17/
> /blog/wildlife/2010/11/
> /blog/wildlife/2010/
> /blog/wildlife/
> /blog/
>
> So with an xpath like this it's ok ?
> //*[@target='/blog/wildlife/2010/11/17/' or ... @target='/blog/wildlife/']
>
> Sorry if i don't well understand the problem ...
> Is it this ?

Yes. What I wanted to avoid was to traverse the parent relations to
the event node. I don't want to query for subscribers to the path
/blog/wildlife/2010/11/17/, then to the path /blog/wildlife/2010/11/,
then the path /blog/wildlife/2010/ etc, I just wanted a single xpath
or sql style query.

But it seems this is just not possible to avoid.

--
-Tor