jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: XPATH to JCR-SQL2 Query translation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:51:28 GMT
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Nicolas Betheuil
<Nicolas.Betheuil@europe.adp.com> wrote:
> I have discover recently that sql queries doesn't work pretty well on child nodes like
your jcr:content should be a child node of any node of type mynt:document.
> To make it working you must have a join on it.
> Contains should only work on properties but maybe someone could tell the opposite.
>
> To restrict an sql query on specific path you have the path function but the syntax could
be a little bit complicated (on array nodes and sub child nodes).

> But, to come back to the start of your mail, it's not because you go to JCR2.0 you must
fell down XPATH, it's always there. The spec has deprecated this query language but it's always
implemented in the last version. If any developer read it, i would be interested to know if
there is any road map about this. Do you plan to remove xpath support ?

Afaik, xpath is there to stay, and currently even to be preferred in
many occasions wrt performance

Regards Ard

> If someone has an other opinion, idea, suggestion ?

JCR-SQL2, the query is as follows:

> /jcr:root/some_node//element(*, mynt:document)[jcr:contains(jcr:content, 'textToFind')]
>
> I tried the following (removing the path constraint because I couldn't find how to do
it)

> SELECT * FROM [mynt:document] AS doc WHERE CONTAINS(doc.*, 'textToFind')
>
> But I get no results and the original query returns 23 nodes. Can you help me with this
as I checked the JCR 2.0 SQL-2 Grammar (Railroad diagrams) and the jackrabbit-spi-commons
test cases but still I'm not sure how to use CONTAINS and how to restrict the query to a specific
path. Thanks in advance.

--
Hippo
USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100