jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ajay <ajay.kr....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding existing datastore to jackrabbit repository
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:11:34 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Rakesh Vidyadharan <rakesh@sptci.com>wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2010, at 03:28, Ajay wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to jackrabbit. I tried jackrabbit's webdav for storing documents
> in
> > the repository.
> > I have an existing database where i have xml files in DB.
> > Is there any way that i can use to connect jackrabbit to existing
> database.
> > I want to query/read/write XML files in same way as from the jackrabbit
> > repository.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> If you want to maintain your data where it is and just access it using a
> JCR API, JBoss ModeShape is probably what you are after.
>
> Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

First of all, Thanks for the quick reply.
The scenario i am facing is that i have a db with many xml docs stored in
it.
I want to create a client or plugin that will access it through JCR  API.
Client may edit the docs and save them back to db.
So i need some server for this client that will support JCR/WebDAV standard.

I am not sure if JBoss ModeShape is good for this scenario because i have no
knowledge about ModeShape.

Thanks
--
Ajay