jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:28:43 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Atul Kumar Tripathi
<Atulkumart@virtusa.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is this possible to store indexes in database using jackrabbit 2.1.2?

The short answer: No, this is not possible

> Are there any plans to provide functionality to store indexes in database with upcoming
Jackrabbit Releases?

Perhaps in the long run: Note that fist of all, Jackrabbit developers
have tried the database approach before. However, imo, Lucene cannot
perform when being stored in a database (unless you keep it small, and
read it completely memory: I know some hibernate guys combining it
with infinispan for replication store Lucene segments in database.
That would also be promising for jr. This is however something
different than 'storing
lucene in a database' , as they only store the segments and keep the
index in memory )

Ard

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Thanks & Regards.
>
> Atul Tripathi
>
> Senior Engineer  |  Datacert/Technology.
>
> Virtusa India Pvt. Ltd.
>
> Chennai ATC
>
> Phone:  +91 44 66127000 Ext:  3742 | Mobile:  +91 9940483180
>

> Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, 2010 Global
Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list and 2010 FinTech 100 among others.

> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.

Hippo
USA  • San Francisco  185 H Street Suite B  •  Petaluma CA 94952-5100
•  +1 (707) 773 4646
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent  •  Montréal QC H2T
1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info@onehippo.com