jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: server antivirus integration
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:15:01 GMT
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 21.11.10 16:48, "Eric Lenio" <eric@lincware.com> wrote:
>>...I am looking for ideas/suggestions/experiences about server-side
>>scanning of documents for viruses before inserting them into a Jackrabbit
> ...A good approach might be to import first, then have an observation
> listener scan any new binary content and store its result next to the file
> (a property like "virusScan=ok"). Your application could deny reading the
> data before the scan property was set to "ok"....

Or import them to a temporary path in the repository to which users
have no access, and move them to the final destination once checked.

Moving binaries under a different path is cheap with Jackrabbit's
DataStore, no binary data has to move.

View raw message