jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: JackRabbit 2.0.0 Communications link failure
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:44:46 GMT
Hi,

From: Robert Oschwald [mailto:roos@symentis.com]
> I thought the bundle persistence manager correctly recovers lost
> connections since 1.4...

Correct. The log entries in your case are coming from the connection recovery code. I guess
there's some problem in that code if the repository doesn't recover in your case.

> If I need to switch from bundle to pool, I assume I need to
> export/import the repo, right?

No, the pooled persistence managers are fully compatible with the respective bundle PMs. The
only change is the way in which they handle database connections, and they even support the
exact same configuration parameters as the bundle PMs. You should be able to switch by simply
changing the package name in your workspace.xml (and repository.xml) files.

BR,

Jukka Zitting