jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: JackRabbit 2.0.0 Communications link failure
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:53:09 GMT
Hi,

From: Robert Oschwald [mailto:roos@symentis.com]
> I use JackRabbit 2.0.0-core in one of my Spring projects with MySQL.
> I get the following messages if I do not use the repository for a
> longer time:

These are caused by MySQL automatically terminating client connections after they've been
unused for a longer period of time. The connection recovery code in Jackrabbit tries to recover
from this, but it looks like the recovery doesn't work in your case.

> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager

You might want to try switching to o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.MySqlPersistenceManager (note
the s/bundle/pool/), as it uses a connection pool instead of a single persistent connection
for accessing the repository. The pool is more resilient against forcibly terminated connections.

BR,

Jukka Zitting