jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: version control basics
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 16:29:05 GMT
Hi,

From: ChadDavis [mailto:chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com]
> I've read on this list, that some developers keep the document always
> in the checkedOut state and only move to the checked in state when
> committing an official version of the document.  After which they
> immediately checkOut the document again.  This works for me, but seems
> to be a waste of the entire concept of "checked out".

Would you also call Subversion a wasteful version control system since it keeps working copies
always in a "checked out" state?

There are valid cases where both checked in and checked out states are needed, so the JCR
standard supports both states. But you're free to decide how to use these features.

BR,

Jukka Zitting