jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:49:17 GMT

On 29 Nov 2010, at 12:06, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> (as a randomly-accessible
> binary)

One of the reasons the JDBCDirectory is not fast is that most DBs dont support seek on blobs,
and anyway, anything that is shared over a network is just too slow, unless a local cached
version of the index is made available. I think thats why the Infinispan Directory does work.
BTW, iirc you can configure infinispan to page its cache to disk.

I tired a number of impls of remote shared Lucene indexes when I was writing the search engine
for Sakai 2, all failed. The only solution that worked was one where lucene was allowed to
perform seeks on local disk or in memory. (documents were indexed on one node in the cluster
(round robin), the indexing nodes ship segments updates, and all nodes search on local indexes
but not real time as Jackrabbit is)

Ian