jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Craig Ganoe <cga...@psu.edu>
Subject Observation Event.getIdentifier() and NODE_ADDED, NODE_REMOVED
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:09:19 GMT

I'm trying to get the identifier/UUID of nodes that are added/removed
through the ObervationManager, but it does not seem to be working. Are
there parts of this that are not implemented in the current version?
The JavaDocs seem to imply that the identifier field should be
included in the event when nodes are added/removed.

Originally when I tried this I was getting nothing, because I am
connecting to Jackrabbit via RMI and getIdentifier is not implemented
for RMI. But I grabbed the latest source, implemented that code for
RMI and built my own version of the server. Now I get the item/node
identifiers occasionally for what looks like some system-related
events (so I feel fairly confident about my RMI changes), but the
identifier never seems to be included with events the rest of the
time, and particularly it's not included with the ADD/REMOVE events.

Is this just something that is not implemented in the current
Jackrabbit? Or do I need to do more debugging? Did I need to update
more than the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi jar on the client side when I built
my own server?

Thanks for any insight.

Craig