jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: combining data from relational db and jcr
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:48:07 GMT
Well, indeed I've heard that recommendation over and over again... but
did you make tests with thousands of nodes and got bad performance? Or,
did you make tests with both approachs and got better performance with
createFolderPathForUser instead of using simply the ID 'as is'?

I don't know about the 'cost' of doing such tests though, but I'd try
'em quickly because using the ID directly as the 'key' is far simpler
than manipulating the ID everytime (which is also time consuming, even
if computers do compute very fast).

Just an idea. I'll let other, more experienced, JackRabbit guys jump in
here if they have better ideas (I'm sure some will).