jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Search doesn't work for MS PowerPoint documents with JackRabbit 2.1.2
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:26:44 GMT
Hi,

On 22/11/10 11:56, Atul Kumar Tripathi wrote:
> Method checks for
> "org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.MsPowerPointExtractor" and creates a
> new instances of Tika OfficeParser but there seems a typo as no class
> with name "MsPowerPointExtractor" is declared. Class is named
> "MsPowerPointTextExtractor" in Jackrabbit 1.6
> (jackrabbit-text-extractors-1.6.0 and jackrabbit-text-extractors-1.6.4).

I fixed that in Jackrabbit trunk as a part of revision 1038124, and the
fix will be included in the upcoming Jackrabbit 2.2 release.

Meanwhile I'd suggest you to stop using the textFilterClasses
configuration unless you explicitly need to customize the set of file
formats to be indexed. The default set of text extractors used by
Jackrabbit when no textFilterClasses parameter is specified is pretty
good for most normal deployments.

BR,

Jukka Zitting