jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Scalable, failsafe and distributed Jackrabbit setup?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:26:10 GMT
On 11/16/10 6:56 AM, Christian Stocker wrote:
> So what do you think? Is my approach feasible? Am I overthinking it and
> the first approach is by far good enough? I don't say, that I need the
> full setup yet, I just don't want to get into trouble later, when we
> actually would need it and have to refactor a lot.

I understand your concerns, but as long as your CMF instances are using
the API
consistently you shouldn't have to worry much about refactoring at some
later stage,
whereas this doesn't mean that you don't have to exchange your
persistence implementation
at some later stage and hence I would suggest that you assume from the
very beginning that you will have
to migrate your data from one implementation into another one.

Re the actual persistence implementation I don't think there is a
one-fits-all solution,
but rather it depends on what kind of data you are dealing with and what
kind of queries
you want to make and as you are pointing out write versus read access,
whereas with
webapps becoming more interactive I think that write access becomes much
more important
than today and hence its important to keep this mind re your setup.

HTH

Mcihael