jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <nikhil.agra...@emeter.com>
Subject RE: Multiple instances of repository
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:37:11 GMT
Thanks for replying back. I will need little more help to understand the things completely.
I will just elaborate a bit more on my usage scenario. I am also attaching my repository.xml
file with this mail. Please let me know if you want to know more about my environment.

In my case, I want to keep all the data in one database and I want to use jackrabbit as JCR
over this database.
I have the jackrabbit embedded in my application so the repository gets-up as part of the
application.
Now this application reads some files from repository and also inserts some data in repository.
There could be two instances of the application app1 running on machine1 and app2 running
on machine2.
So my application instances are different and I can create multiple repository homes to avoid
the locking problem but I still wants to insert the data from these applications in same database
tables.
So if all the application instances use the same repository configuration file and specify
their own repository home.
Will that work in my case? Will there be any consistency issues?

When you say separate data store and separate persistence managers, you mean separate repository
configuration file or separate database tables for data stores and persistence managers.

My instances and the repositories operate separately from each other but they still want to
share the data. The data inserted by one application instance should be visible to other instance.
So they all should be inserting the data in same tables, that's what my understanding is.

Thanks,
Nikhil