jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Oschwald <r...@symentis.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit 2.0.0 Communications link failure
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:02:38 GMT
Jutta, thanks for the info.

I thought the bundle persistence manager correctly recovers lost connections since 1.4...
Is it possible to set a test query like in dbcp connection pools if using the bundle persistence
manager?
Maybe this is only a cosmetic bug?

If I need to switch from bundle to pool, I assume I need to export/import the repo, right?
Robert

Am 11.11.2010 um 10:53 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

> Hi,
>
> From: Robert Oschwald [mailto:roos@symentis.com]
>> I use JackRabbit 2.0.0-core in one of my Spring projects with MySQL.
>> I get the following messages if I do not use the repository for a
>> longer time:
>
> These are caused by MySQL automatically terminating client connections after they've
been unused for a longer period of time. The connection recovery code in Jackrabbit tries
to recover from this, but it looks like the recovery doesn't work in your case.

>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager
>
> You might want to try switching to o.a.j.core.persistence.pool.MySqlPersistenceManager
(note the s/bundle/pool/), as it uses a connection pool instead of a single persistent connection
for accessing the repository. The pool is more resilient against forcibly terminated connections.