jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gadbury <gadb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Query over multiple workspaces
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:28:00 GMT

Sorry to jump on this thread but it seems like the relevant place to ask the
question.

If we used versioning to archive old content, is it possible to dynamically
include / exclude the versioned content in a query?

I'm working on an ecommerce web app whereby digital content can be
downloaded.  If a product is removed (or rather, removed from sale), users
that have purchased he product should still be able to download the content
(so really, it is not deleted).  It would make sense for me to be able to
differentiate between 'deleted' and non-deleted products.  At present, I
just use a boolean flag but it's not ideal.  It would be nice to be able to
have two queries.... one that queries just the available content and one
that queries available and archived content.  Is this possible?