jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ross.Dy...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Something funny in the text extraction of PDFs [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 05:11:16 GMT
Hello

I am in the middle of loading many, many documents into my jackrabbit 2.1
instance, and production support have complained to me about constant
warnings being generated in the logs,

org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSDocument - java.lang.ClassCastException
Oct 19 13:13:40 localhost java.lang.ClassCastException

It might be producing a number of these warnings per PDF document, because
they are popping out at about 10/second.

I have 2 concurrent processes running adding documents.  There is a
mixture of text-based documents and image only PDFs.

Any insight?  Should I just advise production support to tune the log4j
properties?

Thanks

Ross.