jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Desactivate search index ?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:27:11 GMT
The search index is used for queries that are used witihin the core of jackrabbit. Deactivating
altogether will break the core code, but you can tune it to remove expensive operations and
things that bulk the index out, like tokenizing binary objects and storing the token stream
in the index.

There is a doc somewhere on the jackrabbit wiki about this (IIRC)
Ian