jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <Sascha.The...@innovations.de>
Subject Why should nt:resource be a child of nt:file
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:15:33 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the structure of my repository. I followed
the suggestions and modelled my files of type "nt:file" and the
jcr:content property of type "nt:resource". The jcr:content node is a
child of nt:file. I have also other properties of type string on the
nt:file node, for example myapp:comment. Now I want to search the
repository for all "files" (that is the file itself and its` content)
that have myapp:comment='someComment' and contain some text in the
content of the nt:resource node. My XPath query looks like:

//element(*, nt:base)[@myapp:comment='someComment' and jcr:contains(.,
'someText')]

The problem is that the result set is always empty. The result set is
empty because we do not have nodes that have both - a comment attribute
AND a content. My question is: How can I restructure my query so I get
the nodes that have comment AND some text in the content? Or why is the
jcr:content node of nt:file a child node instead of a property? If it
were a property I would not have that problem.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Sascha Theves