jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <Sascha.The...@innovations.de>
Subject SQL CONTAINS function
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:12:25 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Jackrabbit 1.6.2 and have problems with a SQL statement using
the "CONTAINS" function. I want to perform a fulltext search on the
binary content of my files stored in jackrabbit. The files have a
primary node type of nt:file and the jcr:content child node is of type
nt:resource. The content of the file is indexed. Now I want to perform a
fulltext search with the following statement:

SELECT * FROM nt:base WHERE contains(jcr:data, 'myData')

However the result set is always empty. If I rewrite the query to:

SELECT * FROM nt:base WHERE contains(., 'myData')

my files will be found.

My question is:

Does Jackrabbit support using the CONTAINS function only for several
attributes like jcr:data or is it only possible to search all indexed
properties? Or do I misunderstand something?

Kind regards

Sascha Theves
Platform and Technology (INST/EPI)

--
Innovations Software Technology
Bosch Group

Executives: Achim Berger, Thomas Cotic, Thomas Schmid
Register Court Ulm HRB 631888

This message may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please inform us immediately and
destroy this message including all copies thereof.