jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Concurrent Use of System Session in ACLProvider Question.
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:51:30 GMT

On 2 Oct 2010, at 19:02, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>> making the SystemSession a non singleton and binding AccessControl
>> providers to threads as well as workspaces eliminates the blocking caused
>> by shared use of the SystemSession, however the server is still behaving
>> in a single threaded way with only minimal throughput increase between
>> 1,2,3,4 concurrent requests. Progress, but still investigating.
>
> See JCR-2699 [1] for some related work I've recently been doing on
> this front. There are a number of concurrent use bottlenecks in
> Jackrabbit, and I've been trying to get rid of them one by one in
> preparation for the 2.2 release.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2699

I see from the commits that you have been focusing on the lower levels which will have broader
impact.
 Just in case it helps, I have commented and attached patches for the partial solution that
I am working on which eliminate blocking by simply not sharing the SystemSession in the AccessControlProvider.
I am sure that this has undesirable side effects but it does appear to work.

Thanks for the pointer, looking forward to upgrading to 2.2 with your fixes in place.
Ian