jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Meenakshi Khatri <mkhatrij...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Workspaces: Howto?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:58:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use jackrabbit's feature of using multiple workspaces. Of
what I have understood so far, Creating a new workspace should be including
a new entry in the repository.xml and creating additional workspace.xml
inside workspaces folder. [So I also got workspaces / test2 / workspace.xml
file ]

I got one existing default workspace running which connects to Postgres and
persist Data on postgres.

In my new project, I want to keep it simple by accessing FileSystem and so,
I am adding one more workspace entry in repository.xml as follows:

>  <!--
>  Second workspace for new project
>  -->
>     <Workspace name="test2">

        <FileSystem
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
>             <param name="path" value="test2"/>
>         </FileSystem>

>         <PersistenceManager
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">
>           <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:test2/db;create=true"/>
>           <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="test2_"/>
>         </PersistenceManager>

        <SearchIndex
> class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
>             <param name="path" value="test2/index"/>
>             <param name="extractorPoolSize" value="2"/>
>             <param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
>         </SearchIndex>
>     </Workspace>

Can someone tell me how can I make my jackrabbit more flexible by accepting
multiple workspaces: One to persists data to Postgres and another as simple
fileSystem?

Thanks in advance,
- Meenakshi