jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tsirkin Evgeny <tsir...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit,getting started
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:11:22 GMT
Hi list!
How do i start developing a new application using Jackrabbit?
The getting started is talking about using a standalone version but this is
clearly not what i want
for custom application,right?
The download page have 4 different downloads but here
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html
I can see a note:
Note also that RMI remoting layer has not been optimized for performance, so
currently the recommendation for accessing the JCR API in performance
critical applications is to have the repository running locally in the same
process as the client application.

So, I need to embed the JCR ,that leaves me with downloading the source and
building myself?
But the src package contains a pom files for everything while i need only
the core of the
Jackrabbit (OK,maybe WebDav also,but not at this stage).
And it requires building with maven ...
So what do I need to download, how to get dependences, are there a binary
packages?
Thanks
Evgeny