jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock in my JCR repository
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:42:50 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Luis Muniz <neur0maner@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Luis Muniz <neur0maner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > We are using jackrabbit-1.5.6, should we think about upgrading?
>> Yes.
> Why?

You're one major and two minor releases behind the latest Jackrabbit
version, which means that the likelihood of any issues you encounter
being already fixed in a more recent release is pretty high.

I'd love to help you track down and fix the problem if it still occurs
after an upgrade, as doing so will help prevent me or the customers of
my employer from encountering the same issue in the future. But
chasing down an old problem that's most likely already fixed in a more
recent version would probably just be a waste of time from my
perspective.

There may be other people on this list who may want to help you even
with 1.5.6 and you can always turn to paid support, but upgrading to a
more recent version is a cheap way to either get rid of the problem
automatically or at least notably increase the motivation of other
people to help you.

That said, you may want to check the Jackrabbit issue tracker for the
list of known and resolved deadlock issues [1]. Also, without a thread
dump it's usually quite hard to determine the cause of a deadlock.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&query=deadlock&summary=true&description=true&body=true&pid=10591

BR,

Jukka Zitting