jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Pierre ANCELOT <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject AbstractWebdavServlet
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:49:37 GMT
Hello everyone,

I develop a webdav enabled service which was created using an embeded
jetty and jackrabbit's AbstractWebdavServlet.
It works very well and I'm very happy with it (Thanks for that great
work made available.)
Now I have a concern, it's that I will want to add the following step by step:

- Authentication.
- Right management.
- Locking.

Meaning also probably sessions.

I'm starting with Authentication and that's where my questions come.
1) Am I supposed to let jetty do the authentication or do jackrabbit
provides some abstract classes to extend?
    This question, keeping in mind I'll implement the other features
right after.

2) Is there something also for rights management?

3) Shall I implement sessions before working on rights management?
what role will it occupy? keep the credentials for the user?

4) If I have to implement sessions, how can I manage it? (aka, is
there a dedicated abstract class for it.?)

Thank you.

Pierre.