jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit,getting started
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:23:09 GMT
It is not necessary to build Jackrabbit from source in order to
integrate it into your application. However, it is important to note
that the source releases are the official releases. Binary JARs are
made available as a convenience via the central Maven repository
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/). The core
repository implementation is in the module called jackrabbit-core. You
will need all of its dependencies as well.

Chad is correct that you can use Maven war overlays to pull in the
contents of the webapp distribution into your own project, but this
isn't the only way to accomplish embedding the repository.

Justin