jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tsirkin Evgeny <tsir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit,getting started
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:48:19 GMT
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Rakesh Vidyadharan <rakesh@sptci.com>wrote:

> If all you are interested in is using the JCR API through JackRabbit, the
> easiest is to include the full jar file included in the standalone
> distribution in your classpath and use it.  No need to worry about
> dependencies etc., since the full jar has it all.
>
> Rakesh

But that seems to have many unnecessary libs in it.
Also if ,as other pointed out, the official releases are the source/maven
one .
In that case using full standalone one will getting me into trouble once i
want a patch.
And there seems to be no way to do a custom configuration for the standalone
jars.
There are probably other problem but I guess there is no way you can  to do
anything
interesting with jackrabbit while not using the official release.
Thanks
Evgeny