jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit,getting started
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:11:07 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Tsirkin Evgeny <tsirkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes .I was asking about getting binary jars including all dependences into
> my project without using maven and it seems there is no such way.

You can use Ivy, Buildr or any other build tool that supports
dependency management. They all know how to get stuff from Maven
Central.

Alternatively you can simply download the jars manually and add them
to your classpath. A simple way to do that is to download the
jackrabbit-webapp war, and take all the jar files from WEB-INF/lib.
The only extra jar you need is the jcr-2.0.jar that can be found from
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/summary?id=283, http://www.day.com/jsr283 or
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/javax/jcr/jcr/2.0/.

The full dependency tree of jackrabbit-core is quite complicated so
using a dependency manager is recommended. This is also why we only
publish the larger binary packages on the Jackrabbit download page;
the smaller binaries are easier to access through Maven Central where
they come with computer-readable dependency metadata.

BR,

Jukka Zitting