jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dev request: ResourceException not chaining cause correctly
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:50:22 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Cory Prowse <cory@prowse.com> wrote:
> In JCAManagedConnectionFactory, methods openSession and createRepository
> both throw ResourceException without passing the cause exception in the constructor.

This constructor is not available in J2EE version 1.3, so for now
we've been using the ResourceException.setLinkedException() method for
this (see JCR-761). To address your need we could either upgrade the
platform requirement to J2EE 1.4 or start using the J2SE method
Exception.initCause() instead of setLinkedException(). Can you file an
improvement issue in Jira about this?

BR,

Jukka Zitting