jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: relentless InvalidItemStateException
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:17:17 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> Any ideas ?

We've typically seen such problems in cases where a client application
has been using the same session from multiple concurrent threads,
which is why we eventually decided to implement explicit
synchronization of session access in JCR-890.

I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem also in your case,
but it seems likely given your note about removed synchronization
code. That code is there in Jackrabbit for a purpose and while such
syncronizations can and should be removed (see for example the work on
JCR-2699), doing so requires a pretty careful examination of potential
unwanted side-effects. It would be great if you could file your
changes as tightly scoped patches in Jira so we could better review
them and perhaps point out potential problems.

BR,

Jukka Zitting