jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto-commit true in JCA (was Re: Transaction "TX_0" not found on first repository access)
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:23:29 GMT

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Cory Prowse <cory@prowse.com> wrote:
> What I believe is the root cause is that the ConnectionRecoveryManager always
> enables auto-commit, causing any distributed transactions to fail (since the two
> phase commit can't work since it is already auto commited).

Let me guess, you've configured Jackrabbit to use an underlying
database connection that's also a part of the distributed transaction?
That's not supported. Jackrabbit implements XA support directly on the
JCR Session level, and to do so it requires full control of any
underlying database connections.

To implement the XA commit() contract Jackrabbit needs to know that
when it does commit changes to the underlying database (through
auto-commit where appropriate), those changes actually get written to
disk instead of being left waiting for a distributed transaction to

Jukka Zitting

View raw message