jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent Use of System Session in ACLProvider Question.
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 08:36:02 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> Do you think your work on JCR-2699 will make reads truly concurrent with
> no blocking or will there always be a part of the code base that is
> essentially single threaded?

The one big remaining synchronization block is that in the persistence
managers where they control access to the underlying persistence
store. This was a hard requirement for our older database persistence
managers that had to synchronize access to the potentially
thread-unsafe single JDBC connection they were using. Thanks to the
connection pooling support contributed in JCR-1456 we should now be
able to avoid also that problem. I'll be looking at that shortly.

Of course, the next concurrency bottleneck will then be the underlying
persistence store and ultimately the disk where the content gets
stored, but there are existing solutions (clustering, RAID, etc.) for
that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting