jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Concurrent Use of System Session in ACLProvider Question.
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 01:15:10 GMT
Hi,
I have been trying to work out why Sling is showing Single Threaded behaviour with authenticated
users to areas of the JCR that are not read public.

I think that this is because there are concurrent threads using the ACLProvider via the DefaultSecurityManager
sharing single system session that is synchronised inside the ItemManager.getNode et al. method.

This does not happen where the JCR is public read since resolution of the ACLs is bypassed
and so no single threading is seen.

So the question:
Am I diagnosing the problem correctly ?
What would be the impact of customising this area of the code base to use one systemSession
per thread and avoid the single threadedness, which is having a big impact on the performance
of our deployments ?

TIA
Ian