jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: JCR and workflow
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:02:27 GMT
On 10/26/10 11:26 PM, Palmer, Tom wrote:
> We're designing a CMS using JCR and contemplating various approaches to
> workflow management.  It seems that matching workspaces to workflow
> states makes quite a bit of sense.  So we would have a 'draft' workspace
> where all editing is done, a 'pending approval' workspace, a 'published'
> workspace, etc.  Some questions:
>
> *         Does this make sense

I think the problem with this approach is that if your workflow is
changing, then
you also need to change your workspaces.

Also if you want to use different kind of workflows for different
repository nodes,
then this approach will also lead to difficulties.

> or is there a better approach or best
> practice?

I would suggest to attach workflow nodes to each node or even each
revision of a node.
See for example for inspiration how such workflow instances could be
implemented

http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/workflow/index.html

HTH

Michael