jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ray Davis <...@media.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Controlling Indexing.
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:42:29 GMT
According to this message [1], Jackrabbit chose to interpret
"nodeScopeIndex='false'" to mean "do not index ANY properties by
default, and especially do not index this particular one."

However, I just noticed that a workaround is documented ([2], [3]) for
Jackrabbit 2.0 and later:

   <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
     <property nodeScopeIndex="false">jcr:createdBy</property>
     <property isRegexp="true">.*:.*</property>
   </index-rule>

In my test, this works to exclude "jcr:createdBy" from a node search
while still letting other properties through.

Best,
Ray

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg09642.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration
[3]
http://dev.day.com/kb/content/wiki/kb/cq5/CQ5SystemAdministration/HowToExcludeNodePropertyFromSearchIndexing.html

On 10/21/10 2:24 AM, Ian Boston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query that uses jcr:contains(.,'admin') matches all nodes where jcr:createdBy
= admin.
> Because of the requirements we have jcr:createBy=admin happens quite a lot and is not
a meaningful search field, certainly not as a tokenized search field to be matched by jcr:contains.
So I have configured the indexing_configuration with

> <!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.2.dtd">
> <configuration xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
>                 xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
>                 xmlns:sakai="http://www.sakaiproject.org/nakamura/2.0">
>    <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
>      <property boost="0.0" nodeScopeIndex="false">jcr:createdBy</property>
>    </index-rule>
> </configuration>
>
> However, when I do a search on other things, jcr:contains now doesn't match anything
and when I open the Lucene index in Luke I still see that the field 3:FULL:createdBy is in
the index with 1 value "admin",  and in _:FULLTEXT "admin" has the highest rank.  It looks
to me like I haven't got the indexing configuration right.

> Is it possible to remove jcr:createdBy from the full text index so it doesn't match in
jcr:contains, and leave all all other fields (we don't have a full list of all possibilities)
in the index ?