jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit,getting started
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:21:48 GMT
On 10/14/10 2:46 PM, Tsirkin Evgeny wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Justin Edelson <justin@justinedelson.com>wrote:
>
>> It is not necessary to build Jackrabbit from source in order to
>> integrate it into your application. However, it is important to note
>> that the source releases are the official releases. Binary JARs are
>> made available as a convenience via the central Maven repository
>> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/). The core
>> repository implementation is in the module called jackrabbit-core. You
>> will need all of its dependencies as well.
>>
>> Chad is correct that you can use Maven war overlays to pull in the
>> contents of the webapp distribution into your own project, but this
>> isn't the only way to accomplish embedding the repository.
>>
>> Justin
>

> What's the other way?
> Evgeny

I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you are asking how to include
the dependencies in your project, that depends upon your build tool (I'm
guessing it isn't Maven). If you are asking about acquiring the
Repository object, this is actually covered by the JSR-283 spec. There
are also some helper methods in org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.JcrUtils.

Justin