jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Hagedorn" <nachteilh...@gmx.de>
Subject Suggestions for node hierarchy?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 13:19:30 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty new to Jackrabbit and while thinking about how to organize my content in the repo,
I was wondering if the structure/hierarchy of the nodes has an (significant) impact on indexing
and searching.

I was thinking about organizing my content in files and folders, because I read somewhere
that a deep hierarchy is better than a flat one, where every content node is a direct child
of the root node.

In a simple benchmark test I wasn't able to figure out any differences of execution time for
xpath queries between both variants.

Does anybody have any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit ├╝ber 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome