jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From hwellmann <harald.wellm...@multi-m.de>
Subject How to avoid sequential scans in queries
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:18:11 GMT

I'm currently trying to evaluate Jackrabbit 2.1.1 compared to more basic
solutions with JPA or Lucene.

I've started with a simple example, creating a repository with 50000 nodes
with random string properties and then querying for all nodes with a given
property value like this:

select * from 'nt:unstructured' where myProp = 'myValue'

The query returns the expected results, but it is awfully slow.

Stepping through the code, it seems to me that Jackrabbit builds a Lucene
query for items with node type 'nt:unstructured' and then iterates over the
result set with 50000 matches to filter the nodes by the property
constraint.

I would have expected the Lucene query to contain a clause for the given
property value and to return just the matching nodes, with no filtering on
the result set.

Am I missing anything? I'm just using a TransientRepository with the default
configuration.

Best regards,

Harald