jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject my managers are against jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:45:14 GMT
Hi there,

I've got a meeting within my company today about using jackrabbit and the major problems the
managers had were the following:

-       Storage performance

o    In our test we could store 3-4 nodes with data a second (with 40 properties and a 400
byte clob (with versioning))

o    Clustering doesn't help because it doesn't scale storage performance

-       Stability

o    If the database crashes, then everything is lost - you have to recover from database
backup and store the work of the day again

-       Index size

o    The index size for 300000 nodes was really huge, it was about 2 gb (36 of the 40 properties
are random Unicode strings with a size of 20 characters)

o    The repository index was about 1,6 gb and the workspace index was something like 400
mb (versioning)

Is there a way to improve storage performance/index size?

Kindly Regards,

Robert Seidel