jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Adding new nodes to a cluster
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:11:55 GMT

On 14 Sep 2010, at 21:14, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> Current jackrabbit lucene architecture also doesn't fit something like
> infinispan LuceneDirectory (it needs a reopen() on every call), which
> would be a very nice thing to be able to use. Anyway, tons of ideas I
> have, all I need is some (much) time :-(((

Ard,
This might be dangerous talk,
Since Infinispan covers both distributed caching and on top of that the management of Lucene
indexing, how hard do you think it would be to replace all of the areas the Journal processing
touches with Infinispan?
I have a suspicion that Jackrabbit use of the lucene index may write too often for the Infinispan
implementation to work, however thats just a suspicion, nothing more.
Ian