jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: Batch Import from mysql?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:10:51 GMT
In my experience importing from the system view XML requires huge amounts of memory.  If the
process requires hours to import from MySQL, I would think that heap space constraints would
limit the import from XML option.

To the OP, make sure that your node structure is partitioned.  If not, write performance will
continue to degrade leading to very poor import performance.

Rakesh

On 28 Sep 2010, at 20:18, Justin Edelson wrote:

> You can generate a system view XML file from your MySQL data and then
> import that in one shot.
>
> Justin
>
> On 9/28/10 9:14 PM, sam lee wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I need to migrate data stored in mysql to jackrabbit.
>> I'm using JCR API  (Node.addNode().. etc). And it takes many  hours to do
>> so.
>>
>> Is there a way to speed things up?
>>
>> I was wondering if there is a way to directly output JCR files and copy
>> those to jackrabbit repo, instead of using API.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Sam

Rakesh Vidyadharan
President & CEO
Sans Pareil Technologies, Inc.
http://www.sptci.com/

| 100 W. Chestnut, Suite 1305 | Chicago, IL 60610-3296 USA |