jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: my managers are against jackrabbit
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:34:01 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:
> This helped a little bit. I've stored 26000 nodes and the performance is now relatively
> stable at 6-7 nodes per second (currently it takes 16 seconds to store 100 nodes).

That's still notably bad performance. Do you get similar performance
when you run your code against the default Jackrabbit configuration
(i.e. an embedded Derby database for persistence)? If yes, can you
share the relevant parts of your code (preferably in the form of a
simple test case like [1]) so we can see if there's anything that
could cause such bad performance.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/test/performance/base/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/performance/SmallFileWriteTest.java

BR,

Jukka Zitting