jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: In deph Jackrabbit clustering question
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:48:42 GMT
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:32, William Ribeiro <wribeiro@tricode.nl> wrote:
> Anyway ... I can't understand how this mechanism works. I need to find the
> method that invokes the FileSystem  for persisting the new items found in
> the Journal's records.

The FileSystem is only used to store some configuration files
nowadays. Nodes and properties are stored in the persistence manager.
The persistence manager must support clustering itself, the journal is
only used to propagate the change events. So that the in-memory
jackrabbit item caches know that a certain node bundle (identified by
its uuid) has changed and must be re-fetched from the persistence
manager (for example).

For more on this, and if you continue to develop your own journal
implementation, I suggest to ask on the dev@ list.

Regards,
Alex

--