jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to access two or more repositories through one webapp?
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:28:58 GMT
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 08:24, ampofila <ampofila@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two repositories each of which can be accessed through JNDI. I am
> using JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA and currently I can browse the repositories by
> deploying two different jackrabbit web applications into JBoss. (i.e. in
> each web.xml the RepositoryAccessServlet is initialized with the repository
> jndi name)
>
> Is it possible to declare two repositories in the same web app (thus to use
> one web app instead of two)? Jackrabbit version is 2.0.0.

If you use the standard Jackrabbit web app with built-in WebDAV
servers, RMI exposure and some JSP-based UI, it won't work, since it
only handles one repository. For example, the webdav paths include the
workspace + the repo path, but nothing to distinguish multiple
repositories.

For a custom web app you can easily use as many repositories as
possible, as long as the app knows how to handle them. The underlying
repository implementation is web application neutral.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek