jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Szabó Szilárd <griff...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit InvalidItemStateException, ItemStateException, NoSuchItemException problem under heavy load
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:40:17 GMT
Hi,

I use Jackrabbit v2.1.1, and try to make some loadtests on it with
Loadrunner.
First I make the script - see the attachment File0_5.c. It contains 3
operation: upload a file, download it, and delete it.
The script use a counter which is incremented before every running, so the
file names are identical. (The file is the same, but the name is identical.)

If I test with 10 users, it is Okay, but with 25 user, I had multiple
exceptions like ItemNotFoundException, RepositoryException.
NoSuchItemStateException, InvalidItemStateException  - See the details in
attachment errorLogWith3FileOperation.log

After this test, I found some test file in my repository. (In normal case
there won`t be any file left, because the last method delete them.)  I can
download them, and open them, they looks fine.

After these results I changed my script: I commented out the download, and
delete section. I run the test again, and I had RepositoryException.
ItemStateException. - See the details in attachment
errorLogWithUploadOnly.log
I checked the repository and the files which are mentioned in the Exception
messages missing.

The jackrabbit is deployed in a weblogic 10.3.1 appserver, the
persistenceManager is an Oracle 10g, the operating system is RedHat Linux,
5.5.

Somebody has similar problem with jackrabbit? Known solution to avoid these
problems?

Thanks,
Szilard Szabo