jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locking
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:28:06 GMT
Hello Jan,

usually it's the WebDAV client (in this case OpenOffice 3.2.1) that
should (must?) lock the file. That is, it's not the server that's
going to automatically lock the file when someone opens it, but it's
the client (XML editor) that asks the server explicitly to lock the
file when opening it and then to unlock it when closing the file.

For example, XMLMind's XXE works this way (didn't try lots of other
editors, but I think this is the way things are to be done).

Good luck.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer