jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject JCR docs - bridging the gap with users (was: Spring configuration?)
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:48:14 GMT
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Joseph Ottinger <joeo@enigmastation.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com>wrote:
>>... In my view, the JCR specification is well written. Jackrabbit
>> documentation is here: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/FrontPage -
>> if anything is missing please let us know
>>
>> I've found the specification to be all right, but the references on USING
> the specification tend to be sparse.
>
> In other words, it satisfies the language lawyers, but not the users. (In MY
> experience. I'm sure other users have fewer issues.)

I tend to agree with both of you guys ;-)

Contrary to many specs, the JCR spec is IMO quite readable and
describes the *mechanics* of JCR in a good way.

What's harder to find is how to map one's application-level problems
to JCR, what granularity to use, etc.

I'l shamelessly plug my own stuff here (links below), with two
articles that I have written to try and bridge that gap. It would be
cool to have more such articles/tutorials/case studies. I think that
can absolutely happen outside the Jackrabbit project, and it's even
often better if people who write such articles are not too close to
the core, so as to get an outsider's view of sorts.

-Bertrand

[1] http://dev.day.com/content/ddc/blog/2009/04/cq5tags.html
[2] http://java.dzone.com/articles/java-content-repository-best