jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Ottinger <j...@enigmastation.com>
Subject Re: JCR docs - bridging the gap with users (was: Spring configuration?)
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:09:47 GMT
Bertrand, you're right - the JCR spec is pretty good as far as specs go.
(Reading the RSS 0.9x specs and 2.x specs makes me want to hurl cookies -
and yes, that's a euphemism.)

The articles are good. However, while I like Sling, I find the docs on it
are, um, missing - the 15 minute tutorial isn't bad but it's nowhere near
complete enough for people to really use sling without being pretty
dedicated to using it in the first place.

I really, really don't like using curl for putting content into a
repository. Probably a visceral reaction on my part, but there it is.

It really bothers me that Jackrabbit is so far off from being
datastore-neutral; I understand it's just the way things are, and there's a
path away from it, but it still bothers me because it SHOULDN'T be hard to
be datastore-neutral (or close to it.)

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

--
Joseph B. Ottinger